We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website not operated by Saatva Inc. including those to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. Information Collection.
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site, however, you are not required to register or provide any personal information in order to browse the Site and learn more about our company and our products. As used herein, “personal information” is information that specifically identifies you such as your name, contact information, payment information, and transaction details.
One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
* help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
* help you quickly find information, products, and services.
* alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
The ways in which we may collect information from you are described in more detail below:
(a) Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of any Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit/payment card details. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for our own marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for different purposes including, but not limited to, signing up for email newsletters and events. If you submit your email address to us, we will add you to our mailing lists and send you emails from time to time. You can opt-out of receiving commercial emails by following the instructions under the “Your Choices/Opt Out/Corrections” section below.
(c) Contacting Us. The personal information we collect about you may also be provided directly by you to us when you contact us through the Site or through other means of communication.
As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us. We also use third party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to understand how visitors interact with our Site, including pages visited, content viewed, etc. This information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. For more information about how Google uses data when you visit their partners’ sites or apps by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google Analytics on most browsers through the mechanisms made available by Google here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(e) Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.) Log file data can tell us how much time visitors spend on the Site, how visitors navigate throughout the Site and how we may tailor our Site to better meet consumer needs. This information may be used to improve our Site.
(f) Children’s Information. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Site directly or submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
(a) Internal Use. We use the information we collect, including the personal information, to provide you with the Site, process your order, and provide you with customer service. We may internally use such information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site.
(b) Communications with You. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to request us to notify you of new products; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future commercial emails (see the “Your Choices, Opt Outs, Corrections” section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
(c) External Use/Disclosures. We want to provide you with excellent service. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Saatva, Inc.’s control, except that:
- We may provide your information, including personal information, to enable our vendors and service providers to work on our behalf, including without limitation, to provide or develop our Site, fulfil user requests, or to process your payment or order. For example, we may provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in “Data Security.”)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- Interest Based Advertising. In addition to the above, we may ourselves, or with third party vendors, use non- personal information in connection with our own or vendor information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit other websites or our Site. Cookies and other similar technologies described above may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we or our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called “behavioral advertising,” is not based on any information that specifically identifies you. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not personally identify you in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Your Choices, Opt Outs, and Corrections.” We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
(d) Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your personal information, we may use your personal information in a manner consistent with that consent.
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with access to the Site and/or other services and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your personal information.
YOUR CHOICES, OPT OUTS, CORRECTIONS
Communications, Corrections, and Disabling Account: Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending commercial emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-877-6-SAATVA.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Cookies: As noted above, if you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site or some of its functionality may be affected.
Interest Based Advertising: The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain companies that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at www.aboutads.info/consumers. Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see generic advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities. To be clear, the opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted out on your desktop computer, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Do Not Track: Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
California and Nevada Residents: If you are a resident of California or Nevada, please see “Jurisdiction Specific Notices and Rights” for additional rights you have under applicable law.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Site may integrate with or make links available to third party services including social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Site, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that the information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of such information, and by using such services you assume the risk that information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC NOTICES AND RIGHTS
California law provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) defines “personal information” as information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. This section describes the rights that California residents have with respect to such personal information and explains how to exercise those rights, subject in all cases to any limitations set forth in the CCPA. Please refer to the section entitled “Information Collection and Use” above for more detail about the types of information collected, the purposes for which and sources from where we collect personal information, and the third parties with whom we share personal information.
California Specific Rights, Choices, and Opt-Outs: The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. The subsections that follow describe the rights that you have under CCPA if you are a California resident and explain how you can exercise those rights.
1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Right to Know or Delete), and subject to certain limitations described below or set forth in the CCPA, we will disclose such information to you. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold or disclosed for a business purposes.
- The categories of third parties to whom the information is sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
2. Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Right to Know or Delete), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we may retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
3. Exercising Your Right to Know or Delete. To exercise your right to know or delete, please submit a request to us by either:
a. Emailing us at email@example.com
b. Calling us toll-free at 1-877-6-SAATVA
Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative of that person. For more information about verification, see Response Timing and Format immediately below.
- Response Timing and Format. In order to protect the security of your personal information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will depend on the type, sensitivity, and value of the information, including the risk of harm to you posed by any authorized access or deletion. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the personal information that we already have.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request (and will not be made more than twice in a 12-month period). If we cannot comply with a request, or cannot fully comply with a request, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply.
- Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have made disclosures of certain personal information that may be considered a “sale” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) of certain personal information of California consumers. As described above in the “Interest Based Advertising” section, in some cases we permit certain third party vendors to collect and use personal information from the Site and this sharing may be considered a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA. For example, third party vendors may collect cookies stored on your browser and identifiers associated with your device (e.g., advertising identifiers, IP address) when you visit our Site. This information does not specifically identify you but may be unique to your device and considered personal information under CCPA. We and our third party vendors use this information for interest based advertising purposes (e.g., to tailor and deliver ads to you on our Site and/or on others’ sites). Please see the “Interest Based Advertising” section above to learn more. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that we do not sell (as defined by N.R.S. 603A) certain personal information that we have collected, or may collect, from you. We do not “sell” your personal information as defined by N.R.S. 603A, however, if you would like to make such a request you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.