- Twin XL$159
- Split King$318
- Cal King$318
- Split Cal King$318
Complete your luxury bed setup with a high-quality Saatva foundation, engineered to provide optimal support for your mattress.
- More durable than a traditional box spring
- Handcrafted from North American spruce
- Made with CertiPUR-US® foams & 100% organic cotton
- Creates a seamless look with your Saatva mattress
The Saatva foundation comes in all standard U.S. sizes:
|Twin||Twin XL||Full||Queen||King||Split King||Cal King|
|38" x 75"||38" x 80"||54" x 75"||60" x 80"||76" x 80"||76" x 80"||72" x 84"|
Twin38" x 75"
Twin XL38" x 80"
Full54" x 75"
Queen60" x 80"
King76" x 80"
Split King76" x 80"
Cal King72" x 84"
The Saatva foundation comes in two heights:
- 4.75" low profile height
- 8.75" standard profile height
Slats are 3” wide. Twin, Twin XL, and Full foundations have five slats, spaced 3.5” apart. Queen, King, and Cal King foundations have seven slats, spaced 3.5” apart.
Note: the combination of a 14.5" Saatva Classic mattress and 8.75" foundation may be too tall for some people.
If you need help choosing the right combination of mattress and foundation for your bed setup, call one of our sleep guides 877-672-2882.
Frequently asked questions
The Saatva foundation comes with a 15-year non-prorated warranty. Please visit our full warranty page for details.
Saatva offers two foundation heights, 4.75” and 8.75.” There is no difference in quality or performance between the two heights; the choice is a matter of personal preference and the overall height of the bed setup you want. One consideration is whether you plan to use your existing bed skirt. The “drop” on a standard bed skirt is 14” to 15,” which works with the 8.75” foundation and a standard 7” bed frame.
Deciding whether you need a Saatva foundation for your new mattress depends on the kind of bed you have (platform beds, for example, don’t need a foundation) and your existing mattress support.
You will need the Saatva foundation if:
- Your existing foundation or support system is more than 7 years old.
- Your existing support creaks, has soft spots, or is damaged in any way.
- You want a foundation designed to support your specific mattress.
- You want a foundation that matches your mattress. We use the same organic cotton cover for the Saatva foundation as we do our mattresses.
You won’t need the Saatva foundation if:
- You purchased a mattress support system within the last 7 years.
- Your existing foundation is in good condition and provides sturdy center support.
- You don’t mind not having a matching foundation.
- You have a platform bed, which does not require a foundation.
Read our article on foundations to learn more about choosing the right support for your mattress.
Yes, you can order a split queen foundation to make delivery easier if you have an especially narrow staircase or hallway in your home. There is no difference in comfort or quality between a split queen foundation and regular foundation. Note: A split foundation is standard on king and California king sizes.
24/7 customer support
We’ve built our reputation on being here for you, before and after you make a purchase. Our helpful sleep guides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year—nights, weekends, and holidays included.